Adventures in Cake decorating


One of my sweet nieces just turned one and we had quite the celebration for her this weekend!

I was honored that her mom asked an amateur like me to make the cake for such a milestone birthday celebration. I always get so nervous when baking cakes, especially for family, because I want them to be perfect and I see all the flaws. I think my sister-in-law was pleased with the way this one turned out!






A smiling bumblebee!


The birthday girl's personal cake.


The big girl birthday chair!


Is this all for me?!?


Mmmm... I think I will!


I think she likes it!


Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!



Ashlee (February 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

FABULOUS cake Linnie! The colors are so much brighter than they showed in the picture you sent me! I love it! You did a great job. Miss B is precious too!

STACY –  (February 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM)  

YOUR BABY NIECE IS BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A WONDERFUL HONOR BEING ASKED TO MAKE HER FIRST BIRTHDAY CAKE! IT LOOKED AMAZING!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (February 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM)  

Tried to leave a comment early... wouldn't let me!

Precious cake!! I'm impressed!!

Happy Birthday B!!!

Jen O'Daniel (February 17, 2010 at 7:55 AM)  

ADORABLE cake!!! So cheerful and bright... and from the icing on your niece, it appears to be delicious, too! :)

Julia (February 18, 2010 at 9:16 PM)  

I saw these pictures on Facebook (I think) and I thought that the cake was so precious. I am SO impressed that you made it! Great job!

CHERI (February 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

Hi, Linsey! The cake is so cute...and you are so talented.

Unknown (February 21, 2010 at 8:55 AM)  

Linsey that cake is awesome! You are following in your momma's footsteps!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!