Nursery Time

We are close to being finished with our nursery! We still have a few things that I am looking for to complete the room, but for the most part we are done. All we need is our sweet baby girl! 
Looking in from the door. There is going to be a valance above the curtains and I also need to find a bookcase for her growing library.


It is a huge relief to be finished with the bedding. I think it looks great in the room and I am pleased with how it turned out. 

Don't you love the sign above the bed?!? Georgia found that for us and it looks perfect with everything. This is the nighttime prayer that we grew up saying every night. (We also love our bunny, Maggie and Amy!)
Our comfy chair finally came in! I have already enjoyed lounging in it and she isn't even here yet. I know we are going to put many miles on this rocker.

 
 I also made a blanket out of some leftover fabric I had. One side has the crib skirt fabric and the other has a minky stripe. 

I wanted to get it monogrammed, but I wasn't patient enough to send it off and wait, so I sewed an "F" on there instead of doing a full monogram. 

This is one of my favorite things about the nursery. I got this painting of one of the streets of Monterosso in Cinque Terre when I was there several years ago with my family. I have had it rolled up in the tube I brought it home in since I purchased it and I was waiting for the perfect place to hang it. When I found out I was pregnant I was hoping she was going to be a girl because I thought it would be perfect in a girlie nursery. My talented mother-in-law framed it for me and it looks perfect!

 I found this cube on clearance at Target last week. I also found a green basket and I think they are going to be great for toys or dirty clothes or whatever we may find to fill them up!

This is where it gets a little ridiculous. I was a little worried that I didn't have enough onesies for when she first came home. I raided Belle's and Blair's closets and now I am overflowing with clothes! They both had so much stuff and now combined with the things I already had, we are set!
 
 This is her drawer of newborn and 0-3 month clothes. They are probably seven or eight outfits deep. When my dad saw this, his eyes were as big as saucers! 

 
 This drawer is full of blankets and cloth diapers. No, I am not cloth diapering. Ben was rather disappointed that I did not choose to do that. He is counting diaper dollar signs already. I grew up carrying around cloth diapers and they are handy for burp clothes as well. I have no idea how I came up with this, but I called them "ice" when I was little..... strange, I know, but Blair loves cloth diapers and I hope my little one follows suit!

Unknown (June 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

What a PERFECT nursery! It is beautiful, Lin. You have done such a fabulous job! Can't wait to meet her!!!!!

AA (June 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM)  

Wow I am super impressed, Lin! It's beautiful- when you get tired of baking cookies, you can become an interior decorator.

Jan (June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM)  

Looks perfect! I didn't get to see the blanket that you put the f on this weekend! That is really special! You have done an excellent job and so organized!

Brian and Meghan Wages (June 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM)  

OMG! Everything looks so great- prefect actually. I am so impressed and cannot wait to meet her, hopefully in real life too and not just via blogworld.

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!