My Latest Obsession

Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite move and I love all period dramas. Thanks to my mother-in-law I have a new series to feed that obsession and addicted is an understatement. 


Downton Abbey is a Masterpiece Classic miniseries on PBS that follows an the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants before World War I. I am fascinated by the relationships between the help and the family and how houses of that size used to run. I love the pomp and circumstance of everyday life and the simple things that were then considered so scandalous. Not only is the story line wonderful, but the costumes and homes are also breathtaking. Vogue has several articles on the beautiful sisters and fashion of Downton Abbey here, here, here, and here.  

I was late to jump on the Downton Abbey bandwagon, as the second season has just premiered, but Netflix has the first season available to stream online if you are interested! 

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!