Faegan's Strawberry Party

Faegan was lucky enough to have a celebration for her birthday in Georgia and also in Alabama. Since we were already in Georgia and Ash is about to pop with Baby Bowee Wood, I thought it would be great to have a party at my parent's home that my family could attend.

With 100° plus temps the previous week, I was prepared for it to be a scorcher, but thankfully we had some cloud coverage just in time for the party that made it bearable to eat outside on the porch. 

We had a 'Berry' celebration with lots of strawberry food and pink decorations. I wanted to do something that wouldn't be too over the top and I could decorate with decorations that weren't too themed. 


I made the invitations using card stock and a strawberry template I made. I thought they turned out cute.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The food was fairly girly and I had some comments from the boys that they were bringing their own food to the party. I had fried chicken, pimento cheese sandwiches, caprese pasta salad, strawberry avocado salsa, and strawberry pretzel salad. I enjoyed everything and I know that John loved the pasta, so I had some boy approval!!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
You can't go wrong with anything caprese and the strawberry salsa tasted good but was not the prettiest dish. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I found these cute little cups at Ikea for the strawberry pretzel salad. We decided that we could have just had this and it would have been just fine. My Aunt Cheryl brings this to Christmas every year and we all fight over the leftovers!

My awesome mom made the gorgeous cakes. She did an excellent job and the cakes were just as good as they look.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Faegan's beautiful birthday cake.


Faegan's smash cake.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I found these cute little berry baskets and made cookies for party favors.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Faegan enjoyed the decor!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And of course the food!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Faegan adores sweet Blair.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Of course we couldn't find a candle, so Pooh made an appearance at the party. Faegan was just excited that everyone was singing to her!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I purposely held out on cake until the first birthday so it would be a special treat. She liked the cake but was mostly interested in the decorations on the top. She has always eaten real food with her hands so she didn't dig in to it as I much as I had hoped she would.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
She loves to share - even with the dog!!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
My awesome family!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We got Faegan a castle slide and she loved it. We eventually had to hide it because she wanted to stay on it all night!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We all had a wonderful time at the party and could not have done it without the help of Ben and my wonderful family! I love you all! Alabama party pictures to come!

Unknown (July 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM)  

1. I love Ben's short hair (although he does have gorgeous hair to wear it long!) 2. The picture of Faegan gnawing on the fried chicken is awesome. Framer. 3. I could eat her little legs!!

Just precious, Lin! Not that I would expect any different from you - I'm so sad I missed it.

CHERI (July 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM)  

Looks like fun was had by all! These are wonderful pictures...but, of course, you had a very cute subject to photograph:) Glad she had such a great first birthday.

Brian and Meghan Wages (July 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM)  

What a cute birthday party for an even cuter one year old! You are so creative Linsey

Candi James (July 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM)  

Linsey, She is SO sweet and cute!!! I cannot believe that she is already one year old!!! I just love watching your girls grow up with your families!!!

AA (August 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM)  

What a beautiful party, Linsey!! Love the cookies and the little baskets. Favorite picture is Faegan and Blair! Precious baby girl you have! Can't believe she is already one!

Anonymous –  (December 11, 2012 at 5:05 AM)  

Where did you buy your little berry dishes with the strawberries and cookies? Everything looks great!

Linsey (December 11, 2012 at 7:52 AM)  

I got them at shop Garnish!

luckys (May 29, 2020 at 6:14 AM)  

The best household services from cleaning to homes, apartments and villasgta 5 apk

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!