Happy St. Patrick's Day!


My classes celebrated St. Patrick's Day the way that any good holiday should be celebrated - with food! We made rainbow cupcakes and they were so cute! The kids had a ball making and eating them. They get excited about anything as long as they get to eat it.

All we did was prepare a box cake according to the directions on the box and divided it into six bowls. Then color the batter in each bowl different colors. I thought it would be neat for the colors to be in the order of the spectrum. Am I the only person that knows about ROY G BIV?? Apparently no one teaches that trick anymore. Anyway, the cupcakes were cute and we put clouds of icing on the top. All we were missing was our pot of gold!

They look tie-died from the top!!


We did make the icing from scratch. I didn't want to be too much of a slacker!!


They turned out pretty cute!


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (March 17, 2010 at 7:09 PM)  

Lin!! SOO Cute!!

you're going to ruin my diet. like pioneer woman. i want one!

about the ROY G BIV thing.. We went to Judy's sandwhich shop the other day and they had a rainbow drawn on the board and it was in roy g biv! hehe. I wondered if I was the only person that noticed that!

Ashlee (March 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM)  

Aw! You can me my home ec teacher too!

Jan (March 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

They turned out so cute! Great job!!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (May 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

*in a chanting voice* UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!!

:)

there are plenty of things you could up date on... like you coming down here... blair coming up there... your favorite sister... how you went on your cruise and the day you come back your sister crushed her foot and you had to rush to the hospital to see her before she went into the depths of the hospital for surgery (that would be tomorrow by the way ;) come on now.. you have lots you can write about!!
write about the cow in the hole!!! write about something!!!!!!!


love you! :)

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!