Happy Fall Y'all!

I just love fall, don't you? I honestly wish that the weather was like this all of the time. However, I know we would not appreciate these cooler temperatures if we did not have to endure the 100 + degree temps in the summer months of Alabama. We are in the foot hills of the mountains, so we get some cooler weather quicker than we did at home in Georgia. A lot of times we miss this fall weather and go straight to winter, but this year we have been lucky.

With Fall brings the Georgia National Fair. It is mighty convenient that Blair's birthday falls on a holiday weekend that the fair is in town. We have been to the fair every year since I can remember. We used to get a "fair day" at school! (I really think it was Columbus Day, but that was their incentive to make us reach our fundraiser goal!) Where I used to love the Gravitron and the Double Ferris Wheel, those now make me as sick as a dog and the food is the reason I go to the fair. After Blair's big day, I was lucky enough to join my mom for a Josh Turner concert. He is such a cutie and it was a really good show.


Since we didn't have much time to browse around before our concert, we loaded up the family and headed to the fair again on Sunday night - operation eat all the fair foods you like because you won't get to eat them again for another year. Molly's boyfriend, Josh the pig man, got us in free and close parking too! It was really nice of him and we felt like VIPs. I think we played the ag part very well with my BEEF tag on my car!

Now, back to the reason for the fair - or my reason for going!
I had yummy gyro loaded with cucumber sauce. I think this was my favorite thing and I am always disappointed if I try something else and don't eat one.

I also had a Granny Smith Apple Dumpling. It was massive. I ended up sharing with Mo because I would have eaten myself into a sugar coma if I had not stopped!


Everything is yummy yummy there and I can't wait for the fair to come back next year! Look at all of those ribs. I bet they aren't as good as my father-in-law's!


Since I was feeling in the fall season, I decided to make a few fall cookies. They are just the happiest little cookies and unfortunately are sitting in my kitchen waiting on me to come home every day just when I need a little snack.


I hope everyone is getting out and enjoying this beautiful weather! Happy Fall!
Check out my sister's awesome giveaway! I want to enter, but I think the sister card rules me out :(


The Dream Queen (October 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM)  

MMMM...I've not had a gyro in a few years, they really are THE BEST! Well, Josh Turner may be the best ;) that deep voice..oy!

Ashlee (October 21, 2010 at 9:45 AM)  

Yummy linnie! My gyro was divine. I LOVE the cookies!

jmluckie (October 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM)  

All the food was good,but expensive.We had a BBQ sandwick and a Chicken Kabob and 1 drink for $17.00.It was good though.I also ate the apple dumpling.

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!