Sweet Blair Turns Two

I can't believe that Blair is two. I will never forget racing down to Georgia that sunny afternoon hoping I would get there in time for her arrival! She has come a long way and is quite possibly the sweetest child ever. I know my sister always says she is so sweet, but she really is! Every time I go down to Georgia I fear that she will have forgotten who Aunt Linnie is, but thanks to Ash and my mom, I think she thinks the pictures around the house have come to life when I am there! She used to be a little skeptical of me, but this weekend she actually let me hold her around my mom - HUGE feat in my book! That girl loves her Gigi! When I left to go home, she smiled and squeezed my cheeks and told me very enthusiastically "BYE BYE". I think she may have been ready for some one on one time with Gigi!

My sister, Ashlee, planned the cutest owl party for Blair's second birthday. She thought of everything and the food was delicious. She made the precious owl invitations and Blair donned an owl dress from Kelly's Kids that was the inspiration for the party. You can read more of the details here. Of course, Mom and I started planning our contributions to the dessert as soon as we found out the theme. Mom made the cutest cake that matched Blair's dress perfectly. I wish I was as talented as my mom! Her cakes are stunning!



I made owl cookies to match the day. I think Blair really liked them too! When she wasn't sticking her finger in the icing on the cake, she was eating icing off of the cookies. She was too cute. The first round she grabbed every single blue one. Then she went to the orange ones. I don't think she ever started handing out the red ones!

Detail picture since I didn't get a good one at the party.






Blair would pick up the cookie and say "hoooo"



I love you sweet Blair!

Jen O'Daniel (October 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM)  

Adorable!!! When I saw this on Ashlee's blog, I started thinking ahead to Grayson's 3rd birthday in January. My thought process went something like this: What should the theme be? Does a 3-year-old pick out her own party theme? Whatever it is, it will need some super cute cookies... and maybe Ashlee's sister can make them... and what about a cake from her mom, too?

No joke... you all throw some really, REALLY great showers and parties - I always LOVE seeing the pictures!

Julia (October 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM)  

Jen- I second that. I was just thinking what would Lins charge to make some holiday cookies for friends as gifts. Lins....?

Linsey (October 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM)  

Y'all are too sweet! Of course I would love to make some cookies for you! Julia - I will email you!

Ashlee (October 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM)  

I love that Julia calls you Lins. I can hear her saying it! I loved your pictures Linnie!

Susan W. (October 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM)  

Would you mind sharing where you got the owl cookie cutter?

Linsey (October 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM)  

Susan - Of course not! I got it from CopperGifts.com

Clancy (November 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM)  

I love this cake and cookies. My little Maggie is turning three in a couple of weeks and we are doing an owl theme. I wanted to know what the owl is on top of the cake is made of. That is not fondant is it? I know the dots and other parts are but is the orange and blue icing? I love it so much!!!! Very precious!!!

Kassie (January 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM)  

ran across this looking for "food" ideas for my daughters 1st birthday in March- wondering how much you would charge for 30-50 owl cookies and ship to GA??

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!