Thankful

Ben and I have a lot to be thankful for this year during the holiday season. We were blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with his family. There was a ton of food and family and I think it was the perfect Thanksgiving. What would Thanksgiving be without too much food, too many people in the house, and mass chaos? It would not be Thanksgiving that's for sure!

The beautiful tables that my mother-in-law did
 Also, what would Thanksgiving in Alabama be without some sort of "contraption"? Have you seen the insurance commercials about unsuccessful turkey frying and turkey fryer hopefuls burning their house down? Exhibit A, Mr. Insurance Agent:
Why yes, that is the turkey fryer filled with boiling peanut oil and a 20 pound turkey shielded from the raging wind with a plywood board held in place by a gas can, propped with a yard tool, propped with an antique wash basin. I have no idea how the explosion happened!
Lucky for us, we won't be making the insurance commercial next year because the turkey frying was successful. This was my first experience with fried turkey, and I have to say it was pretty good!



This is for Ben's grandmother and her love for Splender!

The kids had their own personal table!

Who's the most excited about eating?!?











I tried to get a picture of all the grand kids - easier said than done. Most of the pictures turned out like this:

However, we did get a few cute ones. Everyone may not be beaming, but they are all looking at the camera!!

Next up, Christmas!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (December 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM)  

Cute pictures of all the kids!! first one is awesome!! It's like he listened when you said ok sit still and smile! haha

CHERI (December 8, 2010 at 11:01 PM)  

Precious kids! Trey likes to fry turkeys, too. Loved the monkey cookies. I need to learn how to make these cookies so I can take them to the grands' classes at holiday time! Hope to see you at Christmas. Tell Ben hi!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!