Baby It's Cold Outside

This is one my all time favorite Christmas songs and it happens to be the ongoing theme here in Alabama for the past few weeks. We had two "snow days" at school, only one of which contained actual snow, but either way I thoroughly enjoyed it because I have wrapped presents under my tree and a semi-clean house. 

Our first snow of the season.

 Looks kind of dreary here, but it was beautiful!

We had several nights where the temperature was in the single digits, and as always, this is Remy's favorite time of the year. Yes, my no-animals-in-the-house husband brings Remy in on these cold nights and yours truly has the honor of bathing her when this happens. Seeing how Remy loves the water hose (see here) one would think this would be a total nightmare, but I think bath time is the only time that Remy is actually calm. I have no idea why, but she actually stands still and lets me bathe her. It's really a Christmas miracle each and every year.

Then, this is what she looks like for the rest of the night. Rotten.

What sounds better on a cold, winter night than a bowl of hot soup? This is a tried and true recipe on Ben's side of the family and it is so delicious. I have eaten it many times, but this was my first time making it, and it did not disappoint. If you like hearty potato soup, this one is for you!

8 cups potatoes, diced
1/3 cup onion, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cans chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
1 8oz cream cheese

Place your potatoes, onion, and soups in a dutch oven and cook until tender. We also added a can of corn with our potatoes and soup - I think some shrimp would be good too. When the potatoes are cooked to your desired consistency, stir in the cream cheese and you are done! How easy is that?!? Serve with bacon and cheese on the top and you are going to make someone very happy! Enjoy!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (December 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM)  

you know how we use to like... wish... for snow.

I'm wishing for no snow.

I'm wishing for the weather to stay at...oooo....55 degrees. Please!

Ashlee (December 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM)  

The soup is yummy Lin. I ate the whole pot over three days except for a piece of a bowl that brad ate. Thank goodness he doesn't "do" soup!

jmluckie (December 22, 2010 at 9:55 AM)  

I think I'll try to do this myself.Hope to see you at Christmas.Maybe you have some of my favorite cookies stored somewhere.

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!