13 Weeks

As of this past Monday, I am officially 13 weeks pregnant! So far I have felt wonderful and have not gotten sick at all. Sometimes I don't feel like eating much at night, but other than that I have felt fine. I was not sleeping well at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I think it was a large part due to nerves. I am usually not a worrier, but at the beginning, I was nervous about everything! I was warned that I may have some complications due to my surgery that I had almost a year ago, however, I relaxed a good bit after we had two healthy sonograms with a (just one!) healthy heartbeat and I was assured that everything looked great and was where it should be! 

I have been spoiled rotten with sonograms having them at my first appointment at 6 weeks and then again just two weeks later. Here is the first picture of our little one. 

This is at 6 weeks, so it doesn't look like much. Just a little heartbeat jumping around at 121 bpm! (I have an 8 week pic too, but my scanner isn't working so maybe I can get it up later)
I went to the doctor today for a pretty uneventful appointment. No sonogram, just checking to make sure everything is progressing normally. I heard the heartbeat and it was in the 150's, which according to my doctor is normal. My doctor found the heartbeat right away and it was just thumping along until there was this static noise that sounded kind of like a screech - I got kind of nervous but my doctor told me that was the sound of the baby moving. We have a mover and a shaker! He/She did not want to be pressed on and moved around several times during the heartbeat scan. I can't feel it yet, but it was exciting to know he/she is active.

The most exciting thing was scheduling the next appointment where we will learn the gender!!!!!! Yay!!! Come on, February 10!


My stats:
Total Weight Gain: 3 lb
Wearing some maternity pants and normal shirts. (With normal pants, I am unbuttoning at the end of the day!)
Ben says I have not been moody :)
Not craving anything weird, just sweet tea and fruit. I have no desire to eat ANY veggies.
CANNOT WAIT to find out the gender!!

jmluckie (January 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM)  

You're going to be a pretty pregnant lady.You always have been.

Unknown (January 6, 2011 at 8:31 AM)  

Congrats Linny! Hope its a boy for Ben to play with!

Jen O'Daniel (January 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM)  

Okay, I haven't done the math, but are you due around July 4th or maybe the week before? It seems like I was about as far along as you are here at the start of the new year when I was pregnant with Walker. So excited for you! (And for Ashlee to be an aunt!)

CHERI (January 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM)  

Boy or girl, it won't matter. You'll be thrilled beyond words with either...and so will Ben.

GT –  (January 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM)  

It's gonna be a B.A. Jr.

Anonymous –  (January 11, 2011 at 3:23 PM)  

Congrats!!! I haven't been getting around much in blog land, and look what I miss! :) We find out Thursday what we're having... so excited!!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!