Hello Spandex!

To say that I am enjoying my Christmas break would be an understatement. I am pleading the days to go by slowly so I can soak up every bit of vacation and family I can. Ben and I packed up the Christmas presents early on Christmas Eve and beat the Atlanta traffic on the way to my Mom and Dad's house. We had a wonderful weekend and I am still celebrating! Ben headed back to Alabama yesterday and I am camping out at Mom and Dad's until New Year's Eve.

Christmas is always special and we spend the entire day with family. Christmas breakfast has been a tradition as long as I can remember and it is always delicious. We were so fortunate to have a wonderful Christmas morning in Georgia surrounded by family. Unfortunately we missed the white Christmas in Alabama, but I was ok with that. I got to eat breakfast casserole! Besides spending much needed time with my family, I do believe that it is one of the best things about being at home for Christmas. 

 Mom's delicious breakfast casserole

 Ambrosia is on the menu every year and yours truly is in charge of cutting all those oranges! (I did give up a little over half way through this year and called in the reinforcement. Thanks, Mom!)

 We usually have some sort of muffin because we usually have one or two who don't eat breakfast casserole. This year we had lemon poppyseed. 

 Mom's glorious homemade biscuits. She taught me how to make them and I credit them with winning over my husband's love and affection :)

 The most delicious grits that will ever enter your mouth.

 Mom always has the dining room looking so special for us on Christmas morning.


 Ben piling it on!

I piled it on too!! 

However.....

I do have an excuse as I am currently eating for TWO!
Bring on the elastic waistbands!

Jan (December 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM)  

So happy that I am going to be a "gigi" again! So happy for you both and I love you!

CHERI (December 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM)  

I already commented but it didn't seem to go through so here I go again. Glad I can finally say CONGRATS without letting the cat out of the bag:) Your Uncle Johnny commented the other day: "Linsey will make a great mama." I agree!

Linsey (December 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM)  

Thanks so much y'all! Aunt Cheryl, you did a great job not letting the cat out of the bag! Y'all are too sweet - I home I'm a great mommy :)

Ashlee (December 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM)  

I'm gonna be an aunt like everybody else! Yay!

jmluckie (December 28, 2010 at 6:37 AM)  

I am so happy for you and Ben.I know you will be great parents.It was great to see you.I cherish the time spent with all of you each year.I do seem to gain weight every time we gather.Love you.

Unknown (December 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM)  

Woo hoo!! You and Ben are going to make wonderful parents!!!

Jen O'Daniel (December 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM)  

You are eating for TWO!? YAY - So happy for you!!! For some reason it is so fun to me to be pregnant at Christmas. I've been pregnant 3 of the last 4, well now 5 Christmases. It's great b/c you can eat guilt-free! :)

Linsey (December 28, 2010 at 10:48 AM)  

I have been eating! I am still in my normal jeans but I just got some maternity ones and they are SO COMFORTABLE. I am definitely undoing the buttons on my normal jeans at the end of the day!

Katie Garvin (December 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM)  

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you and Ben...you will be wonderful parents!

Kaitlin Hay –  (January 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM)  

I wanted to see about ordering some cookies from you but dont know how to get intouch with you could you email me at kaitlinj09@yahoo.com

please and thank you!
- Kaitlin Hay -

AA (January 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM)  

Lin!!! Congratulations to you and Ben!! So exciting!! What a great year 2011 will be for you!

Julia (January 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM)  

YAY! so exciting! Congratulations!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!