The Beginnings of a Nursery

This one is going to be a rambler! Sorry!

The nursery isn't very far along, but I have had some requests for nursery photos, so here they are! This is what her room looks like in it's current state. It's still pretty bare, but it has potential!!

 
(Excuse the ladybug invasion on the floor)

Aren't those pieces of furniture the most precious things you have ever seen? They are from Welch's Antiques and a gift to Little Miss from her Grandma Karen and Aunt Jo. They are just what I was imagining in her room and I can't wait to fill them up with baby things! The smaller piece is going to be used as her changing table.

I think I may have mentioned this before, but we are going to make her bedding. I fell in love with these Free Spirit fabrics and then found out that they are discontinued. Thankfully, Shannon at Wilson's Fabric in Boaz, AL found them and ordered them for me and we picked them up this week. I think I am even more excited now than I was before now that we have them in hand! I can't wait to get them on her crib. I think it is going to look fabulous!

Love Bird Damask Fabric 500x500 image
This fabric is going to be the bed skirt and the outside of her bumper. 

Pink and Lime Diamonds Fabric 500x500 image

Pink Circles Fabric 500x500 image
Sheets are going to be made of the two fabrics above.

We also have some ivory minky thrown in and this cute pique dot by Fabric Finders:
Fabric Finders - TINY WHITE DOTS ON PINK PIQUE


Mini Dot Panel with Blackout Liner
These are her curtains.


Tryp Swivel Glider Recliner
I ordered a chair for her room so we can cuddle and be comfy. I decided on a swivel, glider, recliner from Best Chair Company in a linen fabric. I tried to get something that didn't scream "nursery!" and that we could possibly use in another room after the nursery is no longer a nursery.

Her crib, sans mattress.


These ghetto fabulous wheels are going to be removed. I call them her "rims". Why in the world would they put these bright gold rollers on a sweet nursery bed?

Here is a peek inside her closet! She already has so many cute things. I can't wait to dress her up.




I think one of my favorite things so far is this tiny bathing suit.

 We are going to have to make a trip to the beach before I have to go back to work and she is going to be in style! It is so tiny I don't know how she is ever going to fit in it!!!


I also got her this little outfit that Blair had once upon a time, but it went MIA the night after she wore it at the beach. When I saw it on the clearance rack I had to grab it!

There it is! It ended up being pretty pink, which I did not imagine I would ever do, but I think it is going to be perfect. I will post more pictures as it comes together!

Unknown (April 8, 2011 at 6:44 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown (April 8, 2011 at 6:46 AM)  

This makes me want to get home! I'm ready for niece #2, Love and Miss you!

Ashlee (April 8, 2011 at 6:59 AM)  

Yay! It's looking great. I love the fabrics!

Linsey (April 8, 2011 at 8:05 AM)  

@John
I'm ready for you to come home too!!!! Love you!

Jan (April 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM)  

Lin it is looking so cute! Especially love her "rims"! That is too funny! The furniture is perfect and I am so happy that you found exactly what you wanted! It will all come together very soon and then she will almost be here!! Can't wait!

Unknown (April 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM)  

Lin!!! It looks great! Her bedding is going to be perfect and I love love love the furniture that you found. It is so timeless. Haha rims!! We definitely don't want her to be a ghetto baby!

Jen O'Daniel (April 13, 2011 at 6:54 AM)  

That is looking gorgeous! Love the fabrics and the furniture! I am totally impressed that you are going to make the bedding. I only commit to "sewing" things that I can use stitch-witchery. :)

AA (April 13, 2011 at 9:49 AM)  

Such great choices!!! I love the bed skirt fabric! And so cool that you are going to make it all....impressive!! Can't wait to see the final products!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!