Spring Break in Boca

For Spring break this year, we decided to take a trip down to my grandfather's house in Boca Grande. We were able to find a flight out of Chattanooga and arrange for Mom and Dad to pick us up at the airport in Florida. That was the ticket! An hour flight beats the heck out of a 12 hour drive. Thank goodness Faegan didn't have any issues with the flight and was her usual content self. 

The first night we stopped and had dinner at a precious cafe that hand makes their pasta - yum. This was the beautiful view we had when we were leaving. 

The next morning we lathered up and took Ben on a little island tour and headed to the beach to see how Faegan liked it. The town is so cute and full of people on golf carts.  




I even found a Land Cruiser hiding for Ben!

 She was definitely the cutest baby on the block.



The above is about the extent of Faegan's beach experience. I put her feet in and she picked them up and started crying. The water was cold and she wasn't thrilled about sitting down in the sand. We didn't try much after this visit. Beach trips are quite different when you have a baby and are working around nap time.

We ate some yummy food while we were there and got lots of love from Gigi and GT.




Pop arranged for us to go to Cabbage Key for lunch one day and it is always a special treat. It is a cute little island accessible only by boat. The house specialty is their delicious cheeseburger.



 This is the restaurant and what you see when you arrive at the dock. It is first come first serve on the boat slips and it was busy the day we were there. 

 The cute little dock area and the gift shop. 



 The walls inside the restaurant are covered with money. There is an estimated $100,000 dollars on the wall and about $12,000 falls off each year. The waitress told us that they donate the money that falls off to charity. 

 Ben and Ben Jr. 

They had mallards outside and although Faegan was happy to see them, she only was interested from afar. She did not want me to put her down with those ducks! 



Arguably one of the best things about being in Boca Grande is the ice cream from The Loose Caboose. This was Oreo and I may have had it two days in a row. Faegan had her first taste of ice cream here. Those pictures deserve their own post. 

The weather was absolutely beautiful and we were able to take advantage of the precious little park. Faegan had the best time swinging in the swings.



Everything is super expensive on the island. Gas was $5.61 per gallon! 

 This is my sweet Pop. This was the first time he has ever seen Faegan. She gets her name from his mother's maiden name. 


We had a blast and I can't wait to go back. I think  know if I told Ben let's move to the beach he would race me to the car!

Unknown (April 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM)  

What great pictures!! Faegan had a lot of firsts that week! I forget how great Boca is. I will never forget your pop taking me, Rae and my parents over to Cabbage Key. What a treat! That was the spring break that we drove down from NC, drove past our hotel reservation because Mom and Dad weren't ready to stop, and had to sleep in our car because there was no availability anywhere!!!!! I think my dad slept with a gun in his lap, HA!

Shelley (April 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM)  

I love that last picture of you and precious Faegan! So pretty! Looks like a fun trip!

Molly @ View From a Saddle (April 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM)  

Wearing gold sandals... just like her mommy!

Rachel (April 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM)  

I loved boca! And cabbage key too. GA is right -- what a treat that was! All your pictures are great! Looks like the whole family had a great time!

jmluckie (April 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM)  

Great shots of all of you.I know you had a blast.

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!