Just like her mama

I am proud to say that although my child may look just like her daddy, she loves ice cream just like her mama. Yes, I have passed on to Faegan one of the most important traits that I got from my family - to love {and I mean love} ice cream. 

I grew up in a household that made three or four churns of peach ice cream in the summer. As children, when asked what kind of cake we wanted for our birthday, we would say "I don't care, I just want some homemade chocolate ice cream." Currently, if you ask me what kind of cake I want for my birthday I will say, "I think I will just take some homemade ice cream." In my mom's freezer(s) you could find up to 10 different tubs of ice cream. We are a little ice cream obsessed.  

I had no doubt in my mind that Faegan would love ice cream as much as we do. So when  we were on spring break, I did what any mom of an 8 1/2 month old would do, I got her some ice cream! 

She didn't know what to do with it at first so mom kind of stuck it on her lips. It was love at first taste. 







This was too hilarious not to video. Every time mom took the ice cream away, she would get so mad until she let her have some more!

The next day, Faegan got her own ice cream. Brilliant mom of the year here got chocolate. I was going for taste, not stain proof. I honestly didn't care if she was covered. She loved it and that is all that matters. 




We are definitely going to have to start the tradition of homemade ice cream at birthday parties! 

Unknown (April 10, 2012 at 7:13 AM)  

She just lights up with that ice cream cone! So cute!! I cannot wait to see y'all next weekend!

Jan (April 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM)  

She sure does love it!! That is true love sharing my favorite ice cream with my grandbaby!!

AA (April 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM)  

This is absolutely precious!! That McCord ice cream is the BEST!! And all good moms give their kids ice cream ;)

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!