Snowmageddon

That is what my local newspaper called the snow storm we had this week. I thought it was hilarious when I first read it, but after being out of school for five days, I am beginning to believe them. I have gotten close to nothing accomplished this week except researching the latest and greatest baby products. I have quite enjoyed it! 

The snow was just beautiful the first day when no one had driven on it. Everything was so peaceful, pristine, and quiet. When the snow first arrived it was very powdery, but after the first day it turned into a hard layer on top that doesn't make for successful snow playing - just successful crunching!

 Ben took out warm water for Remy and the chicks. The chicks do not like this cold snow and they have elected to stay in their house this week. They have been productive! More on that in the next post!

 I think we had about six inches total. It was beautiful!

Remy loves playing in the snow. She was pooped out after about 5 minutes of running around like a crazy dog and sacked out in the back of the Rhino while we rode around. 


 We have some vewwy cold cows....



My in-law's driveway is a pretty steep hill that was conveniently covered in ice. Of course this kids wanted to go sledding and they had the best time. I personally was freezing to death - I think clicking pictures was not the warmest of activities. I had to give up when I could not press the shutter anymore!

 This is the sled they went down on. It is equipped with steering wheel, brakes, and speedy sled/skis!

 As you can see from the following pictures, they had the time of their lives.

 

 This is how deep the snow was that they hit :)
 Even my brave mother-in-law took a spin!



We rarely see snow in the South and we love it when it comes, but I think this Alabama girl is ready for some sunshine! 

Ashlee (January 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM)  

Those pictures are great lin!

Jan (January 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM)  

Love all of the pictures!! That one of Karen is too cute! Of course LK does not take a bad picture!!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!