Peace


I admit it. I have a thing for hay fields. I guess that's pretty obvious since I got married in one, right?!? I think they are the most peaceful and gorgeous sights that pop up all over farms in early summer.

However, I don't love hay season because this is where you can find my husband for what seems like weeks on end until waaay past dark:

Over the past month I have eaten several of my dinners in a tractor cab. I did get to drive this beauty and it was quite the experience.

Ben: Push this lever on the first bang that shakes the tractor, then push this lever on the second bang. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

Me: Huh??

I wanted to know exactly what these bangs were, so I hopped out and I finally know how a baler works!

You drive over the piles of hay

and it sucks it up like so:

Then comes the fun part - making the bale!
(somewhere in there are two bangs!)

There you have it! A happy bale!

And a peaceful bale-filled hay field.


Molly @ View From a Saddle (June 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to make sure that I tell you every way possible.... Have you phone close by today....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU POOH POT!

Unknown (June 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM)  

These are the most beautiful pictures, Lin! You are very talented! I always think of you when I see hay bales!

Anonymous –  (June 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM)  

is she saying that you are round on the outside but sweet and tender on the inside? Just kidding - Hope you have a good birthday baby doll.

CHERI (June 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM)  

Happy Birthday from Uncle Johnny and Aunt Cheryl! Johnny can tell you all about hay baling!

GT –  (June 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM)  

Good one. I'd like to see a picture of you driving that tractor (Ash would be proud) and the look (worried?) on Ben's face.

Jen O'Daniel (June 28, 2010 at 6:41 AM)  

These pictures are SO beautiful! I know you've gotten into baking for others... but you might want to consider taking pictures, too! Love them!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I think they are almost as fun as snail mail!!